Tobia Scarpa graduated from the Faculty of Architecture in Venice in 1969.
Since then, he has worked both in the fields of design and in architecture and restoration, creating numerous works in collaboration with Afra Bianchin. With her, he also approached the world of glass, and joined VENINI in 1958.
Throughout his career, he has received several awards and distinctions and some of his works are exhibited in the most important museums worldwide. Since 2000, he has been lecturing at the Faculty of Industrial design at ClaDIS in Venice.